36cm H x 28cm W x 14cm D
2cm W x 17 cm L
- Fabric: Cotton canvas (external)
- Lining: Cotton sheeting (inside)
- Handles: Folded cotton
- Shoulder Strap: Adjustable cotton webbing shoulder straps, 5 x 95 (cm)
- Strap adjuster: Wire adjuster – square – antique finish
- Fastener: Cotton rope drawstring
- Pocket: Front under-flap pocket, 24 x 28 (cm)
“...when you buy a Freeset product, you directly participate in a woman's journey to freedom.”
Freeset, a social enterprise, is located in the most infamous sex district in Kolkata, India, where 10,000 women stand in line to sell their bodies. Freeset offers a way out of prostitution for these sex workers with alternative employment, medical treatment, health insurance, pension plan and a supportive community. Many were young girls trafficked from Bangladesh, Nepal, and rural India and forced into prostitution through abduction or being sold off by their poor families. Others are single mothers who had no other means to provide for their children.
The vision to see the 10,000 sex workers find freedom began in 1999 with Kerry and Annie Hilton, the founders. They moved from New Zealand to Kolkata with their four children. Freeset started with 20 women in 2001. Now, there are over 190 women on their way to new lives. By purchasing their jute and cotton bags, you are supporting these women and many more to come.